Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

"GROHL" Endorsement



As some of you already know and for those who do not, I was one of three candidates elected in a primary held by "Grand Ronde for Open and Honest Leadership" (GROHL). All 18 candidates were eligible for their endorsement. GROHL has already hosted two Candidate Forums. One was in Portland, Oregon and the other in Sisters, Oregon. There is one more on Saturday, August 15, 2009. It will be held at St. Michael's Church in Grand Ronde and begins at 3:00 p.m.

On the day of nominations, GROHL also sent all 18 candidates home with a questionnaire that contained 10 questions. The questionnaires were due back to them on July 19, 2009. After the footage of the two forums and the answers to the questionnaires were posted online, members of GROHL then had until August 5, 2009 to vote for three of the candidates they wanted to support. The results for those that received votes are as follows:

1. Toby McClary (39)
2. Perri McDaniel (23)
3. Shelley Hanson (22)

4. Denise Harvey (20)
5. April Campbell (15)
6. Jackie Many Hides (10)
7. Cheryle Kennedy (7)
8. Michael Bolton (3)
9. Debbie Marrington (2)
10. Sam Henney (1)
11. Val Sheker (1)
12. Stanley Jeffers (1)
(48 of 68 members casted votes)

The "TOBY09" Campaign is still going strong. As I've said in the past, I have no idea where I will come in as far as accumulating votes. I am hopeful and the majority of the feedback I receive is positive. I wish all of the candidates the best of luck but my campaign is still my focus.

I would like to thank GROHL and all of its members for having a primary as I think it is very important. I would also like to thank those who participated and especially those who voted for me and support me beyond the primary.

Thank you for reading and remember, "TOBY09".

No comments:

Post a Comment