Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"TOBY09" Officially Underway

All,

Well, it's official. I am a 2009 Tribal Council candidate. One of 18, might I add. It seems as though many others are looking for change also.

I have distributed t-shirts, campaign cards and my first mail-out letter is on the way. I have signs printed and have made contact with many concerned Tribal members in the past several months.

I do not know where I will stand as far as accumulating votes but it is a risk I am willing to take for the betterment of our people. I am concerned but I am also confident in the members of this tribe. I believe them when they tell me they want change. I believe in them to make it happen.

Whether it is me or not, I believe change will come this year. Change is the only thing that will cure the inefficiencies and injustices of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. I believe in the membership. Now I ask that the membership believe in me.

I appreciate all of the encouragement so far and any support you may have for me in the future.

Sincerely,
Toby McClary

No comments:

Post a Comment